Isaac - Superior, Colorado

I believe that life is a series of choices. Choices that in one way or another effect how you live your life. Whether it is as small as choosing a direction to turn or as big as deciding what college you will go to, they will all have some echo.

I know, I’m just in high school, what do I know about big decisions, right? Well, I know that if I want to be able to decide which college I am going to go to I need to do well in school and put all other things out of the way. I am given hard decisions nearly every day. I can a) go hang out with my friends during a school day and ignore my homework or b) do my homework and be more successful in the long run. Of course, I have taken option a) a few times, but not in a long time. I now realize that the decisions I make now won’t only affect my college choices, but also whatever career I might choose, and where/how I will live. I believe too few kids look at their decision to ignore all homework and studies and see themselves, 20 years in the future, working a 2nd rate job and living a in a less than mediocre environment. Of course I know choices get bigger and harder from here on out but I think that when some arise I will be more prepared than I was in the past.

Stop and think about this for a second. The choices you make right now may very well effect you a long way down the road. People need to be a bit more patient with their decision making, they need to slow down a bit and think it over. Decide how this will effect you later. I’m not saying to never take any risks because some risks are definitely worth taking. Just be sure that they are worth it.