David - Louisville, Colorado

I believe that “clique” at school should be eliminated. So called “clicks” in high school define who you are and how you will be judged by someone. The usual cliques at high school are the jocks, geeks, gangsters, goody kids, different clubs, and there are the few who don’t have a clique and just hang out with everyone at school. These groups should just be rid of in high schools everywhere. All they do is discriminate and make schools unfriendly and people end up making fun of each other and people get there feelings hurt.

My idea of a perfect high school without these cliques in the world would be a more functional place. Everyone would be a genius engineer and everyone would be more efficient. People would stop worrying about what they wear, who they are seen with, who’s cool and who’s doing drugs.

As for me personally I don’t think I am in any type of clique myself. I personally try to get along with everyone. My thing is comedy and I try my best to carry that out. If I make one person laugh; it could be anyone, it makes me feel like I did some good cheered that person up and made that persons day a little bit better. I will sacrifice my self dignity and health to get the job done. That’s why I do not belong to a clique; Comedy is universal weather your from America or China everyone can laugh so in high school it won’t matter who, can laugh.

The media has one of the strongest grips on Americans known to man. The media can tell you what to buy which helps the economy and keeps the U.S. going which is the only good part to it. On the other side if you don’t buy what’s new or the “hottest” new thing you won’t fit in or be normal. You become a misfit. This eventually leads to cliques.

Who has the right to say what’s cool and what not? No one has that kind of power. From my experience the cool people are the ones who achieve honorable and prestigious achievements and also give back to the community to try to make this world a better place. When you hear about most of the stars rich businessmen being interviewed, they always say that they were a geek back in high school. They say they were losers and in the drama club or in the band or getting straight A’s and had barley any friends. Those are the cool people of each generation. To get rid of clicks would make everyone cool and try hard.