Lorena - Westminster, California

I believe in doing my best. I believe that even though we aren’t very sure of what it is, we all have a purpose in our lives. I believe that that purpose has to be with everything we are, and everything we have.

I believe that there is a reason why every human being is different. We all are born in different families, surrounded by different kind of people, different moms, dads, brothers, sisters, uncles, grandmas, and friends. We are also born in different environments, the city, the countryside, California, Massachusetts, North America, Latin America, a nice neighborhood, or a not so nice neighborhood. We all have different legacies, beliefs, languages, family history and accomplishments. And we all develop different kind of interests and talents.

I love to read, I love to study, I love to do math, I love to teach others what I know, I love to watch family shows, romantic movies, and documentaries on T.V, I love to observe nature, I love to talk to friends, and I love to talk to God.

I also believe that even though some of us have less than others, we all have opportunities in life. And here is where I apply my belief of doing my best. Even though I don’t know everything, in fact, I even think my knowledge about life and the world is very little, and I don’t have everything I wish I had, I believe that what I have so far, my limited knowledge, my talents, my faith, principles and morals, and the people who surround me, are all sufficient for me to wake up every morning and do the best I can in everything that is lying ahead of me, call it school, work, friendship…

I believe that everyday is an opportunity for me to grow stronger and wiser. And that my youth is the time to learn as much as I can, because I know that the time will come when all I am, and all I have will be needed to do something significant for others, although I still don’t know what.

When I was very little I had a dream, I wanted to be rich so I could build a big house, and then go through the streets of my city and gather all the children who lived in them, without a family, without a daily meal, without clean clothes, and take them to my big house where I would take care of them and give them everything they didn’t have. I still have that dream, and many more about helping others. Because I believe that is the purpose of my life, to live for others. That is why I want to do my best, and to me that is the best I can do.

I don’t know if someday I will be a seller in a store, or if I will be a math teacher in a school, or if I will hold a governmental position. But I believe that wherever I get in life, I will never stop believing that this life and everything that was given to me with it, I have to use to make the best out it.