Molly - Dalton, Ohio

This I believe: that Parissa Mei Andideh is my best friend since coming to Xavier University. Parissa has all of the qualities that I look for in a friend, including but certainly not limited to: strength, an amazing sense of humor, athletic, and caring. Parissa is one of the most amazing, fun loving people I have ever met, but it did not take me long to realize this. We were in the same orientation small group during our first week at school and hit it off right away. Even though she’s a city girl from Portland, Oregon who shops like it’s nobody’s business and I’m a country girl from the town of Dalton, Ohio, which has a population of about 1,600, we still get along splendidly!

Parissa is one of the strongest people I have ever met. Besides having the strength to go to a school that is on the opposite side of the country as your home, she has dealt with many hardships since coming here. She has dated some class act scumbags since coming here, but even when they hurt her, she sucks it up, tells me what she has learned and makes every attempt to move on. About a month and a half ago, her mom was diagnosed with breast cancer and has to undergo surgery. Parissa was so upset that she couldn’t see her mom to give her a hug, but somehow, when anyone else would break down, she proceeded with her life, never asking for sympathy or support. I honestly don’t think that I could have problems like these and still have a smile on my face and a positive attitude at the end of the day.

Parissa is such an amazing girl and has so many talents. She is on the swim team here at school and has battled shoulder and foot injuries, but still looks forward to practice. Swimming is obviously a talent of hers, but I wish I could say that singing was as well. The truth is, she has one of the most awful voices I have ever heard. I say this out of love because I know that my voice is almost as bad as hers. She has an amazing sense of humor and always knows how to make me laugh, whether its by a “blond moment,” singing as loud as she can, or telling me something crazy she did.

Parissa has made me a better person through listening and giving me advice. She has taught me how to be more accepting because she is friends with everyone, and has taught me that in order to care for others, you must first care for yourself. She is constantly showing me the type of person that I want to strive to become and encourages me to think positively and to do my best. She has shown me once again the importance of looking at the positives in a situation, whether than dwelling on the negative.