Robert - louisville, Colorado

I have been through a lot of things in my seventeen years, but last year I had a very serious experience that has led me to believe in a higher power. My father had to have a major surgery on his head, if this surgery didn’t take place the doctors said they didn’t know how much longer he would have survived. It all started out one night when he had fallen and hit his head, he was pretty dazed so we took him to the hospital. After waiting for several hours the doctors took a C.A.T scan. The results came back later that night and said every thing was fine and we could just go home.

At home my dad said he thought he should get a second opinion. About two days later he went to the hospital in Fort Collins to get checked out. After a short wait and various tests they concluded that he had a small growth on his brain called an abscess. Doctors also said that if this had gone any further without a major surgery, he would have probably died within about three weeks.

This whole experience has led me to believe that miracles do indeed take place. I believe in the guidance of an upper power because without that there is no other way to explain what happened thought those two weeks. I think that everybody is being guided through life by a miracle. I cant even begin to explain what would have happen if I lost my father. He has made me everything that I am. He has been my role model since I was a boy, maybe he was brought into my life as my miracle.

However I think that these miracles take place for a reason, a type of learning experience that can help me guide my children through life. You must learn from all of your experiences, weather they are life changing or not. These occurrences happen for a reason. That reason may not be clear for me at this point in my life but I think that it will help me to grow as a morally strong person.