Ashley - Louisville, Colorado
Themes: tolerance

Everyone is Unique

I believe in people being different from one another. It wouldn’t be fun if everyone was the same. What would it be like to go through life with everyone looking the same sounding the same and acting the same? I think that it would not be a good way to live with all your friends and family being exactly like you. I think that would bet boring after a while.

Even though we are all unique and different from each other which I think is a great thing I know some other people don’t feel the same way because some people get picked on for being different. I don’t think this should even happen just because maybe someone is a little different than another person doesn’t mean that they have to get picked out of a bunch of people and be made fun of for their difference. Don’t we all want to be unique but not be made fun of for our uniqueness? Just because we don’t have the right clothing style, hair color or likes and dislikes as somebody else doesn’t make us weird it makes

Unique and that doesn’t give anyone the excuse to make fun of you or mock you at all.

When some people are made fun of for their differences sometime they try to change who they are and what they like and what they don’t like. Usually the person tries to base their “new likes” on what everyone else likes whether they really do like it or not. Then they hope that they wouldn’t stand out now for whatever reason they stood out for before. This is not the way it should work in our society. People should be who they want to be not try to be someone else that everyone wants them to be. I think that everyone needs to work on accepting someone for who they are and what they have to offer. I would like to think that this would make everyone’s life a little easier know that they could go to school, work or wherever they are going and know that they are free to be who they are.

This is what I believe in and I think it is great that everyone is different because as I said before it would get boring with everyone being exactly the same.