Lauren - louisville, Colorado

I Believe in Caring and Help

I believe in many qualities and virtues, but the ones I believe in the most are helping and caring. With out either of the two in the world, it would be total chaos. Many people in the world would be in horrible condition, living on the street, or even dead without people helping them find homes or helping them quit their addictions such as smoking, drinking, and other stuff.

My mom’s side of the family has dealt with some alcoholics. When I was younger than I am now, I could always remember going to family parties. Everyone would have a good time, my cousins and I would always play while our Aunts, uncles, grandparents and our parents would all talk and have a few drinks (alcohol). After a while, the adults would get loud, out of all the adults there I would have to say my uncle Carl was the worst. He would always be the loudest at the parties. My cousins, his son and daughter, have been embarrassed from time to time because of my uncles drinking. My uncle is a funny person but he never really sobered up until my mother had a conversation with him about his drinking.

My mother’s other brother was an alcoholic for the longest time. He lived in Colorado with my aunt and they had two girls. There was a time when my aunt called my parents asking them if they could go find my uncle and pick him up, most of the time he was at a bar. I remember one night about six years ago when my aunt had called up my parents saying that my uncle left my cousin who was about three at the time at home alone, luckily she was sleeping the whole time, but my aunt did not know where my uncle had gone. Therefore, my parents called around to several bars and were looking all over for my uncle. Finally, they had found him at a bar near our house. My parents drove over to the bar told me to stay in the car while they went in and got my uncle. When they came out my uncle was completely drunk. My mom took my uncle’s keys to his car, drove him back to our house, and kept him there until he sobered up. While my uncle lived in Colorado he had serious problems, my aunt and uncle decided they would move to Arizona so they could be closer to my aunt’s mom. Since they have moved, my uncle has been doing great and has had a baby boy.

Ever since my parents helped my uncles, they have inspired me and have helped me to be caring and helpful. I have found believing and living by those have made my life better in everyway possible.