Aaron - Berry, Kentucky
Themes: afterlife

Life is Only the Beginning

We walk around every day just going through the motions of our everyday lives, Just trying to survive. But do we ever stop to look at the stars in the sky or the squirrels running around tryng to gather food for the winter. Have we ever stopped to listened to the birds in the trees or the gulls over the seas. There are so many beautiful things that we interact with all the time but sometimes we try so hard to live we forget to stop and enjoy the time we have here.

I was recently sitting down and talking with my girlfriend’s great grandmother who is the age of 94, and she is so nice and so full of life. As I sat there and listened to here tell me stories of a long time ago, of wars and lost loved ones and how she is right with the Lord so she is ready to start a new chapter in her novel of life. It really made me stop and look at how life can be so precious but also how there is more to it. I’ve always known and believed in heaven but to see someone who has lived a full life and who is so in love with the Lord and so excited about leaving this life so that she can begin eternity. Really puts things in a different perspective.

Many people wonder about life and what is to come, but with my upbringing and my beliefs in Jesus Christ I know that there is more to come. And though I am so anxious to go to heaven I really want to be able to enjoy the life that the Lord has given me and on this world that he has so precisely created. With time and living the end will come but its only the beginning and this I believe. <><