Quentin - Morehead, Kentucky
Themes: setbacks

“Adversity Makes Me Stronger”

Adversity is anything that is an obstacle to you. It can do major damage or it can strengthen you. Everyone faces it along the way no matter who they are or what they do. By keeping my faith and staying on the right path, I have gotten through it. My life has been filled with adversity. Some of it has really hurt me, but most of it has made me a better and stronger person.

I am 23 years old now, and I have faced enough problems to last me a lifetime. I won’t give in to it though. The most devastating adversity I faced was having to go to a junior college and knowing that I was qualified to go to a four year university. I had the overall GPA and ACT score to get accepted into a lot of schools. For some reason, no colleges were willing to take a chance on me. I thought about just giving up and going out into the real world. I could have just gave up and been a nobody, but I didn’t let that stop me. I used it as a stepping stone to the next level. Each year I got better and worked even harder to attain my goals.

Now I sit here two days away from my graduation ready to face the real world. I am fully prepared to face whatever obstacles are in my way now. I am more humble and stronger after going through a lot of the things that I did. Without them, there is no telling where I would be right now.