Laura - Hillsboro, Kentucky
Themes: pleasure

This I Believe…

I believe in happiness, because happiness is what life is all about. If I didn’t have happiness in my life I wouldn’t be the person I am today. Happiness makes me live my life and love the way I am living it.

There are a lot of people I have met that doesn’t believe in happiness, I believe not believing is not seeing what life is all about. I see the different kinds of lives that are being lived and I know now how I need to live my life. I’m a newly wedded wife and also a new mother; when I first got married I thought I had made a mistake, I was too young to be married. My husband treats me great and I’m very grateful to him for that and will love him always. He brings me happiness and I knew that my life was better than it would have been if I had not married him.

When we decided to have a baby it brought me more happiness than I could have ever imagined. It brought my husband and me closer together and also brought happiness and excitement to everyone in my family. When our son arrived I couldn’t believe how much my life had changed and how fast it was changing. Everyday when I look at how much my baby boy grows, the different things he learns everyday, and the way he makes me laugh brings me the most happiness I could ever have.

I knew that my life was great, but I did need something more; I needed an education to get a good job so I can help provide for my family. Starting school has been tough and I knew when I started it was going to be hard, but it will be worth it when I have a degree and can get a good job so my family will be financially stable.

Holidays are a time for being with family and friends and spreading happiness to everyone, it makes me happy to see the joy in people’s faces when they are receiving a gift from someone. This Christmas is going to be my sons first Christmas; I can’t wait to see him opening up his presents for the first time. The happiness I fell when I think about all the firsts I will get to see my son do is exciting and joyful.

Don’t get me wrong, my life isn’t perfect; I do have my bad days. My past was full of bad days, but when I look back I see that my life wasn’t as fulfilled as it is now. When I’m down I think about all the people and things I have to be grateful for and my day becomes better.

I believe in happiness, because happiness is what makes life worth living.