Emeka - miramar, Florida

I believe In Gods Plans And that he has a plan for everyone. This is mine.

It was the year of 2003 and i was just entering High school as a freshman and already on the varsity football team. i thought that i was the real deal at that time. But soon to realize that i was just a nobody in a school of 4000 kids most of them with no plans for their future. I tended to attract to those kids more seeing how i grew up with them since we were in grade school. The only thing keeping me from joining them after school was my dedication for football.

It is my sophomore year now and i got injured during a practice before a game. I never felt so upset before. I knew that getting hurt meant that i wasn’t ready to be on varsity to most people. I really never thought that this injury could changed so much peoples perspective of me. So one day during practice i came out with my normal practice uniform on with no pads just my jersey. When the coach seen me he was like Mek go back and put on a blue jersey since you can’t practice and he said it as if he was being sarcastic so i asked him if he was serious and he was like yea. I am very serious that what players were when they can’t practice. I have never seen an injured player put on a blue jersey. Seeing that our practice colors were black and white with the exception of the quarterbacks that wore red. Well weeks went on and i got better. I was able to practice and when i did practice i never did get my spot back. And i felt that the coaches was intentionally trying to get me to quit. He kept putting me against the seniors O-Line who were 6’5 320 on average and i was 6’3 and 270. i felt like i could be doing something better than this so a decide to go and join my boys after school and no go to practice anymore. Which till this day i never back to a North Miami Beach practice.

That following year i left NMB and went to Chaminade-Madonna but not by choice. It was something my parents felt was the best move to go and play football at a better school who was winning at the time. I never heard about Chaminade or their football team. Neither did my parents so the coaches really had to sell the school to my parents. And i believe they did a really good job in doing that. So I started attending Chaminade in the fall of 2005 and never looked back since. Within my first year we won the 2A State Championship Title. And i got my first scholarship to play college football the week after the game from Duke University. That really was the best day of my life. Then more and more scholarships starting coming in from top Division 1 programs. I was feeling like i was on top of the world. We didn’t repeat in 06 but i committed to the university of Notre Dame. Which i will be attending in the fall of 2007.