Brandon - Troy, Idaho

Have you ever been stuck or broken down on the side of the road, and as you watch the cars go you start wondering what you are going to do. After you sit there for an hour waiting someone stops and helps you? I believe people should help a person who needs help even if they don’t have the time.

The reason I believe this is because I have seen this happen many times, and have been in this position myself. Like this one time I was heading home from Boise from visiting my dad and helping someone move. One the way home at about 11:30pm at night I saw a nice green impala on the side of the road and the guy had the hood up. So I turned around and put light on his engine. When I got out we started talking and the guy was from Lewiston and just had this car fully restored. He drove it down to Boise for a car show and was on his way home, but in McCall he stopped and opened the radiator cap to see if it needed water and a lot of the water shot out and he forgot to put more back in. So we stated thinking how to get this problem solved and I remembered I had water bottles in the back of the pickup and also hoots café was right up the hill. So I told him I would be back and went and got water. After we went to hoots and got water another guy stopped to help. The guy was going to Boise and stopped and helped us out to. So we put the water in and let the car sit for about two hours. Then we noticed that the pressure actually broke off the cap and the cap would not stay on. Then I remembered I had cardboard in the back and we made a block to put on top and shut the hood on it to hold it down. As soon as we got the cap to stay on I followed the guy to Lewiston to make sure he would make it. I remember that guy could not stop thanking me and that smile on his face was worth more than money. It’s when people do things to help out others makes me want to help. There have been times I would stop to see if they needed help and the person would not except it and told me to go, but that does not stop me from helping. Just think, if you were stuck on the side of the road and no one ever helped you how would you feel? How would you feel if someone stopped and helped? The joy I get out of helping is not seen as a waste of time. So next time you see someone needing help I hope you can take some time out of your busy life and see if you can help for a second or two. Even if it is allowing them to use your cell phone or running down to a gas station because they ran out of gas. Just remember what if it was you.