David - Marietta, Georgia
Themes: love

When I was six years old, my dad told me that I should appreciate everything that my parents have done for me. I thought about all the love they have given to me and everything they did for me to give me a better life. Dad spent hours from his busy schedule to help me learn. Mom concocted up dishes that would make my stomach smile. That day, I learned that people sacrifice valuable things for what they love.

Five days a week, my parents work off their sweat and blood like peasants working in the fields for me. I admire the fact that they spent years studying as foreign students in a strange, foreign land just so they could give me a meaningful, hopeful life in the land of the Star-Spangled Banner.

I believe that everybody sacrifices something for love. To prove and to show one’s love means sacrificing something like time, money, or maybe another love for something. Hate is a powerful force that has tremendous consequences. Love, then, is also a powerful force with huge consequences. Love requires time. Love requires dedication. Love requires passion. And that is why love requires sacrifice.

When I meet someone special later in my life, I am going to sacrifice many things that are important to in order to fulfill the love I have for that one person. Most of my time, my money, or my other passions will be sacrificed for my love, but I know that those sacrifices will quickly be forgotten because of the burning love I have for that special person. Knowing that one special person would also make sacrifices for me would make our love unbreakable.

Every day, I make sacrifices for the people or things that I love. My little sister is someone I treasure, and to be with her, I often give up valuable studying time or time I could spend with my friends. I love my parents back for all the love they give me, and I would give up almost anything to show my love to my parents. I sacrifice my time, my money, and sometimes my dignity for my friends. All these sacrifices I have made are all for my love for these people.