Cameron - Marietta, Georgia

Everyone has beliefs. Beliefs keep people going and make them unique. I believe that everyone has a purpose: a destination, a reason, a job. Whatever you call it, we are all important and put here for a specific reason. I am not referring to what you are going to be when you grow up; I am talking about your true reason for being here, your definition.

Your purpose affects your entire life. I know I have a purpose: a destination, a reason, a job. Knowing that I have this makes me uniquely me. To fulfill my purpose is my purpose. I have not been around long enough to know my true reason for being here. Even though I do not know why I am here, I still plan to live my life to the fullest. I do not feel cheated, but rather comforted to know that I have a hidden meaning that I am not even aware of. I go on seeking out my purpose, the definition of my life. I might be here just to prepare for someone else, so they can pick up where I left off, to continue telling the bigger story of the world and keep the web from collapsing.

Because everyone has a purpose, we are all connected, intertwined together to make one massive web of purposes, the bigger story. I finally understand how this web works. The web does not care how insignificant a purpose might seem; it sees it as a purpose. Without one of these purposes in this web, the web would collapse and become worthless. For instance, you might be here just to talk and encourage others, and if you did not encourage one specific person, that person could choose to do something different with their life. Their life could be totally altered and cause a ripple effect to change the world. No matter what the purpose, the world would not be the same without it. Knowing that I am changing the world in my own special way through my purpose helps me to keep going.

I believe that we are all put here to play a part in the greater purpose, the bigger story, and all these purposes come together to form the greater purpose of the world. “Everyone expects pastors and ministry-types to live for a bigger story, but how cool is it when people in every walk of life do what they do with a greater purpose in mind?”