Meggie - Marietta, Georgia
Themes: carpe diem

People often say, “You only live once, so make the most of it.” I, on the other hand, live my life always knowing what the outcome will be. I have always believed in playing life safe. That is—until ten months ago.

I went to a party with my High School soccer team to celebrate the end of our season. The boy’s team was there too, including Taylor, who had the typical “bad boy” reputation. I had never talked to him nor did I care to. That night, however, we began talking. He was a nice guy, a little rough around the edges, but a nice guy. Within a short period of time, we began dating, and we have been together for almost a year.

For me, our relationship is a huge risk. I have no idea what will happen with our relationship in the future or how it will end up. I have put my heart out on the line, and with one event, it could shatter completely. But, I am willing to take this chance.

Taylor once told me that I was afraid to have fun, so the next day, he took me rock climbing. I experienced something I had never experienced in my life. I felt relieved because I had accomplished something I had never done before.

Taylor has taught me to take risks and to live in the moment. He has taught me to give people a chance and to not be judgmental. He has taught me to love and to respect. He has taught me to stand up for what I believe, and he has taught me to forgive and to forget.

I am much happier with the person I have become, and I no longer choose to live my life without taking risks. You never know what will end up if you are not willing to find out. Your life could change drastically for the better by taking a simple risk. For me, being with Taylor is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Maybe people do not take risks because they are afraid of failure. I believe people do not take risks because they are afraid to find happiness. Life doesn’t just give you opportunities. You make your own. I believe in risk taking.