seth - Reynoldsburg, Ohio
Themes: sports, work

In the world today you have to work for everything. Nothing comes easy. From school to work or even the love you have for a sport, you have to work hard to accomplish anything. I believe that you should work hard at what you believe in and don’t stop for anybody because nothing in life comes easy.

I have been playing baseball now for thirteen years now and nothing about that sport is easy. Hitting to fielding, catching to throwing, it all takes practice to get good at the game. Even professionals still have to practice and work their hardest. Yet they get paid millions to play the game, they still get up every morning and give it all they got because they know nothing comes easy.

When I was a little kid just starting to play baseball, I feel in love with the game and at the age of five I knew that’s what I wanted to do. I was determined to play baseball in High School and get a scholarship to a nice college to play there and after my senior year get drafted to go play in the Major Leagues. Everybody said that it was a crazy dream and told me I would never make it that far so I should just give up on the dream right then and there. I decided to listen to my heart and go for it. I worked and worked and worked at it till I thought I knew all there was to the game of baseball. I was dead wrong when I got to high school. Everybody was faster and stronger than me and I got a wake up call the first day of try outs. I made the team but there was a lot of stuff I needed to improve on. I went to my coach the same day I found out I made to team and asked him “What do I need to do to get better?” He said “work at it till you think you cant work at it anymore, then work some more.” The next three years I worked harder than I ever thought I could. My High School baseball team went to the Sate Playoffs game and Won and also that year I set three school records for Homeruns in a single season, Career Homeruns and single season Batting Average. Then I got a Scholarship to play baseball at Tiffin University. All those people who said my dream was crazy are looking at me now and they are saying that I just might have a shot to make it.

As I sit here in college playing the game I love my life couldn’t be anymore happier for me. I’m working the hardest at school and in baseball and nothing is coming easy but that’s ok. I want to work as hard as I possible can at both because nothing is worth it if you don’t have to work your hardest for it. I have worked as hard as I can for thirteen years and it is finally starting to pay off.