felipe andres - Cquimbo, Chile

I believe that money can’t buy happiness. Happiness is not something material that can be bought. Happiness is something spiritual. It depends on each person as we feel it. It is something that is natural inside. We can not learn happiness. Nobody can teach it to us. Nobody says, for example, “Ok boy, now you are going be happy.” It is something that is constructed with situations and experiences.

I have two examples of how money can’t buy happiness. First, a person who lives in the street, because his life is simple, he lives poor, but he is happy. We know that he needs money, but he is happy with his life because it is simple. Maybe if he moved to a house, he is not happy because his life is in the street. Second, another example is with a girlfriend or boyfriend; you don’t need money for happiness because for happiness only you need love.

I feel that money is a factor to be happy, but many people have money, but are not happy. They must look for happiness and inner peace, Money can’t buy happiness. People always worry about the material, the outside, and never worry about the inside.

I want to finish with these proverbs to show that money is not everything:

The money can buy a house, but not a home.

The money can buy a clock, but not the time.

The money can buy a bed, but not the dream.

The money can buy a book, but not the knowledge.

The money can buy a doctor, but not it health.

The money can buy the blood, but not it life.

The money can buy sex, but not the love.

Well I think for me, the money is not necessary for my life, because when I am with my friends, I can have fun without spending money. For this reason I believe