Morgan - Marietta, Georgia

Smiles are necessary in order to have a prosperous life. Imagine a world without smiles. How would we express approval? Pride? Happiness? Laughter? Love? How would we spread hope and joy to a world where those two things are already so sparse? We need these tiny expressions that make lasting effects on many people. Yesterday, I felt like I didn’t have the courage to face school, teachers, and finals, but smiles gave me a reason to live. Smiles push me through struggles no matter how hard they are and give me the energy to shine through my bad days. We live off smiles and will continue to do so under the influence and the power of a smile.

Smiles are the sweetest, most precious gifts we can give and receive. Everyday at school I can always expect to see more smiles and give more in return. We always expect to see smiles at every turn; yet when we actually receive a smile the real prize is that everyone has a different gift to give. Every single person on this planet has a different smile, and they all have the right to bear their own unique smile. In our lives we have already seen so many smiles, yet there are some gifts yet to be unwrapped across the globe. The world is like a giant Santa Claus, offering gifts of smiles that we have never seen; this fact makes the world seem a diverse and wonderful place.

A smile is a single burst of energy. The result is, it sparks and ignites a reaction from the recipient. When someone genuinely returns a smile, I get the feeling of sheer

happiness when I know that I’ve sparked a new smile on another’s face. I know that after I’ve passed on the electrical charge glowing on my face that I have made somebody happy for at least a split second. Knowing that I can enact that little burst of energy on someone’s face is absolute bliss. I strive to be very positive and uplifting with those I encounter in the hopes to encourage others to multiply my smile.

A smile expresses happiness. The one common desire that most people in this world share is to pursue and obtain personal happiness. It’s a proven fact that smiles benefit our health. When we smile, our psyche is uplifted and our self-esteem rises, creating a positive force around us. In terms of our personal desire, why would we choose not to smile when we know that this expression can possibly create a better life for ourselves? Therefore, I believe every second spent not in a smile is another second lost in our pursuit of happiness. So laugh hard and smile much, because those who have the most meaningful lives are the people who give and receive true smiles.