daniel - Tunnel Hill, Georgia
Themes: war

“This I believe”

I believe that the War in Iraq is not necessary. If it is, than it’s necessary in all of the other countries that exercise that same belief of suicidal death being a great and holy thing. I find myself full of hate when I watch the news, and see U.S. soldiers dead or even innocent children being killed. I know, it’s just the way they are brought up and their religion is to blame, but I can’t find a place in my heart for a large majority of the people in Iraq. I and my men put our trust in two people while we served a twelve month tour in Baghdad, and they both betrayed us. One of them was an Iraqi Police Chief that we later on busted with enough explosive material to kill our whole company. We learned while we were over there that if the people were nice to us, they either needed something from us or they were playing it cool, because we were about to be attacked. I have suffered from some very mild symptoms compared to some of my close friends that were injured in Iraq and I consider myself to be very blessed. These are only a few reasons why I believe we shouldn’t be over there.

Our troops fighting the war in Iraq should be home by now. I don’t believe that they are protecting us from any of our freedoms over here by being an easy target for the enemy over there. That is all they are doing, getting picked off one by one on the enemies ground. The people in this country have nothing to live for as it is, why would they care to make there lives anymore difficult by incriminating their selves. I don’t understand what is taking so long anyways. I think we should bring our service men and women home and let the Iraqi’s be Iraqi’s. I do believe there is good in all, but I never seen it while I was over there. I hate to be so negative, but that’s just the way I feel. I pray for them everyday and keep hope that one day we will all be safe from terrorism.