Gretchen - Washington, New Jersey

I believe family is one of the most important things in life. Besides God your family, whether it is immediate, extended, church family, or your group of friends they are the foundation of your life. They are the people that know you the best; they are the people who will be there for you no matter what, they will tell you when you are right, and when you are wrong, they are not afraid to be completely honest with you. You know that through thick and thin, you can always count on your family. One of God’s greatest blessings in life is the gift of family.

In my family, I have two loving parents, a brother the oldest, and three sisters. I am the second youngest. These are the most important people in my life. Without them I would not be who I am, and where I am today. My parent’s greatest passion was to raise a Christ-centered Godly family. As we were younger, the four girls were never very close to each other. We are all four years apart and each had our separate lives. But as the years went by, friendship was inevitable. My older sister the middle child and I became so close we basically would not go anywhere without each other. She knew everything about me, and me her. We could not ever keep secrets from each other. Many called us twins; we were connected at the hip.

The amazing thing is: people change, things change. My sister went to college and moved on with her life. I went to high school and started a brand new chapter in my life. My brother moved to California. My oldest sister moved to New York A couple years later my brother eloped to Hawaii, my sister moved to Virginia and is a manager of a pretty large store. My little sister just started high school, and I am a freshman in college. As for my best friend sister, she just got engaged and is getting married in a couple of months. I will no longer be her best friend because that’s her husband’s duty. The best part of being in an amazing family is that you can always count on spending the holidays together. Those times when we are all together again and practice traditions that have been going on since we were young are some of the most precious times in the world that we will all remember forever. I am very much looking forward to what the Lord holds for my family in the future.

I believe God should always come first, but right after that should be family. It is their job to love, support, and encourage you through out your entire life. Without family, life will be empty and depressing. One of God’s greatest gifts in life is family.