Mackenzie - media, Pennsylvania

I believe life doesn’t give you people that you want. Rather it gives you people that you need, to help you, to hurt you, to love you, and to teach you lessons.

The people you meet affect your life, and experiencing their successes and downfalls makes you who you are. Even the bad experiences can be learned from; those lessons are the hardest and probably the most important ones.

If someone hurts you, betrays you, or breaks your heart, forgive him, for he has helped you learn about trust and the importance of being cautious to whom you open your heart. If someone loves you, love him back, not only because he loves you, but because he is teaching you to love and opening your heart and eyes to things you would have never seen or felt without him.

I have personally have experienced someone who taught me a lot about trust.

In the beginning of our relationship I had put all of my trust into him. I thought there was no way that he would be able to hurt me, and that lying to me would never cross his mind. I was wrong about him, because he lost my trust after I found out about everything he was lying about. At first I was upset, until now. I have now realized that yes, he hurt me, but he also taught me a very important lesson. I do not regret ever going through with it, because now I am more knowledgeable in who I can trust and who I should listen to when I am trying to figure out what to do. I have learned that the first person I should trust should be I.

I know that it is hard to have such an optimistic outlook on negative experiences, but we will soon realize that they were all important life lessons. We learn that although these people caused us hardships, at the same time they have now prepared us for life.

There have been times when I have thought that everything I’d been through and fought for was a waste of time. I thought about regretting everything I put into it, until now. I have realized that nothing I did was a waste of time but has actually helped me to learn about trusting people and to realize that, even though I would like to be able to find the good in everyone, some people can be just plain mean and selfish.

Through these experiences I believe you can either learn from what you encounter, good or bad, or just deny that it happened, but accepting what has happened will only make you a stronger person in life.