Ashley - Media, Pennsylvania

Now I may be coming off a little strong when I say this, but I believe that I have really cute feet. You may be asking yourself, well what do really cute feet look like? Tan, pretty pink or french manicured toes, and no dry skin on the end of them. When you look down and see your toes just smiling back at you, you know that you have really good looking feet.

I believe in wearing flip flops no matter what season it is. I think that even though flip flops are said to be only worn in the summer, or possibly the spring, I wear them whenever.

In order for me to wear my flip flops with my pretty pink toes showing, I need to get pedicures. When you go to get a pedicure wearing anything other than flip flops is too much work: you have to sit down, and take your shoes off (and wearing shoes can lead into smelly sweaty feet.)

Sometimes people will say “Why are you wearing flip flops in the winter? Well, why not? I believe in wearing them regardless of what season it is. One day walking down the hallway some girl came up to me and said, “It’s December! Why are you wearing flip flops you crazy girl?” I just walked away thinking that she was just jealous because I had cute feet and she didn’t.

Last summer when I was walking alongside the beach I was wearing my favorite pair of flip flops and I thought to myself, “If I was wearing sneakers right now there would be sand inside my shoes, which would get all in my socks. It would be a real mess.” At that point I felt really thankful to be able to wear flip flops whenever.

One day I wanted to wear a skirt, and yes, even though it was in the middle of winter, I still wanted to wear it. My toes were yelling at me to just wear the pair of flip flops that matched the pretty outfit, but I just didn’t know. I thought to myself over and over again what to do. Finally, after examining my feet and how wonderful they looked without socks I decided to wear them. Although I was freezing when I was walking into school I looked down and wiggled my little toes and was happy that I wore them.

The worst thing about not wearing flip flops is when people who never let their toes show may get the stereotype that they have big, hairy, fungi infested feet. If they wore flip flops then perhaps their actual cute toes would be able to be shown.