Celeste - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Themes: pleasure

I Believe in Taking a Break

It was a fall day in the month of October in 1997, and I was walking up my driveway on my way to the bus stop. My mother, who usually continued to talk, or rather shout, to me as I hurried to the bus stop was quite indignant one morning. She couldn’t understand why on earth I was not ecstatic about our family trip to Disney World that was coming up – six months away. I had been to Disney World once before in 1991 and although I would be excited the week before we left, I didn’t understand why she was so excited a half a year in advance. My siblings and I thought my mother was nuts; however, I didn’t realize how sane she actually was.

I went to Disney World that spring break, and I went again in the years 2001, 2003, early in 2006, and I just went again in December 2006. I think Disney World is the greatest place on earth. I believe everyone should have some great escape from life, whether that is taking a week off of work just to stay home and do nothing, or taking a vacation around the world. I believe there needs to be something special that a person can do to get away from the stressors in his or her life. For me, this is going to Disney World with people I love.

Disney World is a place that anyone can feel like a little kid again. All cares are out the window and there is something fun for all ages around every corner. It is a place where nothing else matters, and time stops. There is no worrying about what homework needs to be finished, or what that mean co-worker said last week, or who needs to be picked up from soccer practice. The only thing one needs to worry about is what ride to go on next, or what show to see tonight, or which country to eat at for dinner. There are endless possibilities, and never enough time to do everything.

While it may sound strange that “I believe in Disney World,” this is truly how I feel. Others might believe in some other venue of escape. Whatever this venue is, everyone needs to get away from his or her daily life sometime and have fun. I can honestly say I’ve never had more fun that being at Disney World, and I’ve traveled to numerous countries ever since I was born. In my eyes, Disney World is the most magical place on earth.