Leo - Melrose Park, Pennsylvania

I believe in family. The world has become increasingly stressful and fast-paced. Money seems to be everyone’s objective, especially in America where the majority actually spends more than they make. In a country like the United States, it almost seems that money has to be the objective, especially with the rifts in our social classes. It seems that it is too hard to relax unless you’re apart of the upper class, driving your fancy Benz or BMW to your private beach house. The lower classes in this country are still trying to reach the “American Dream,” working 50+ hour weeks for a job that doesn’t pay enough. This creates more stress, making it harder to relax and spend time with the family and/or friends. Being a part of a financially unstable family can create vast problems, especially if the family isn’t able to cope with those financial problems.

There will always be poverty while others bask in luxury. However, there are consequences to these luxuries. Christopher Wallace AKA the Notorious B.I.G. once said “mo money mo problems.” My brother and I were raised by a single mother and although we still had our problems, the problems were around us, not within us. Money has a tendency to blind people, and although my eyes are slanted, they’re wide open. I see that the one thing you can always depend on, no matter what the situation or stress, is family. Family doesn’t need a blood line, and I’m sure we all have a friend or two that we consider family. I will not lose sight of these people and the events in our lives we have experienced together.

I am a business major, and business is all about money, the bottom line. As I embark on my career, I cannot lie; I plan to be rich, biatch. I have never been rich, and to be honest it would be nice to drive a fancy new car, live in a multi-million dollar house, and buy all the fines things money can buy. In my pursuit wealth, I hope my eyes stay open to the world around me, and not just dead presidents. A good life will be my goal, but money won’t be my objective. Money can’t buy happiness, but it is definitely hard to be happy without it. If and when my wealth comes, I will not let it become my main priority. My family will be able to depend on me not only financially, but also as a father, a husband, a son, and a friend. It is better to be rich in love, not wealth. I believe that love is stronger than greed, and at the end of the road I hope I will not be alone in an empty mansion, but surrounded by loving family and friends.