Trisha - State College, Pennsylvania

A Family to Love

I am just your average college student, which means I have a “life crisis” almost every week at school. Any time one little thing goes wrong such as: forgetting about a paper, forgetting I have an exam, or not doing something that is due in 20 minutes, I feel like my life is going to collapse. But every time this happens I always get through it with some help.

There is always someone I can call no matter what time it is, and that is my family. I have always been close with my family, but ever since I came to college it only made us closer. I have two older sisters who have gone through the same “life crises” that I am experiencing. When I am stressing out and all I want to do is cry or scream, my sisters are there to just let me talk it out. Then they tell me I will get through it, how they got through it, and magically my life is back on track.

My family is who I am. I could never imagine my life without my family, they are my best friends. I call home to tell them everything that happens in my life, even if it is not important. Most people would not care about some of the things I tell my family, and sometimes I think my sisters don’t care, but they know it is important to me so they try to care. Just the other day, I called my sister and talked for 35 minutes about my roommate who never takes the trash out. Any other person would have let the conversation go on for about five minutes and then tell me to get over it, but my sister knew I just needed to vent and hear a familiar voice, so she just let me talk and complain without ever telling me to get over it.

I love my family and they love me. I would not be able to get through any of the things I have to without my family being there for me. I know I think I have problems and crises now, and sure to a 21 year old failing a paper is a big deal, but not having a family there for me would be the biggest crisis I could ever have.