Tara - Corryton, Tennessee

Throughout my life I have went to church, prayed to God, and believed that angels exist. Though I had never seen an angel I truly believe that we all have someone that watches over us. I never thought that I would be touchedso deeply by something experts say does not exist. That is until the recent passing of my grandmother.

During this extremely painful nd unexpected loss, I had lost all hope that the greatest person I know would never be able to touch my heart again. On Tuesday night, the day my family did the receiving of friends I had an overwhelming sense of calmness in my heart. My family and I had sai our final goodbyes and as a family we all went out for some dinner. I did not know it yet, but this night out was a night that would change my life forever.

While at Shoney’s restaurant all 25 family members sat at the same table with sadness written across our faces. As I began to order I noticed two homeless men coming into the restaurant with those silly glasses with a nose attached to it and a mustache. The two men did not wait to be seated, they just walked right back to where we were sitting and sat down in a booth and just watched my family. At first, I assumed the worst, and thought they were going to ask for money. but they did not, they just say there and watchedf us. When one of the waitresses came over she asked them to leave, they got up and walked over to our table and it was very clear that they were deaf. One man tapped my uncle on the shoulder and with his hands he motioned for a pen and paper. We gave him a napkin and a pen and he began to write on the napkin using only his other hand to bare down on. Then the man sat the napkin face down, walked around the corner and was gone. We turned the napkin over and in the most angelic writting he wrote, “Looks like a beautiful family”. As I began to cry I saw the man standing by the window smiling and I knew from that instant that my nanna had touched my heart one last time, but it was a touch that would be with me forever.

So if anyone was ever to ask me if I believe in angles, I would say and tell this story and say how an angel lives by my side to this very day.