Tou - Tulsa, Oklahoma
Themes: Christianity

What do you think is the greatest gift? Something so deep and special that it can even change people…this I believe, that love is the greatest gift. With love we cherish people and help one another. Love conquers all things. It can rewrite the wrong and start anew. Love can be the perfect ingredient to a troubled broken heart. We can also learn from it.

I read a story about how love gave an author an unexpected lesson in her life. She was on her way for a business trip on an airplane. Later, the plane started to have some trouble in the air. All the passengers panicked as the pilot gave them the horrifying news that they were going to make a crash landing. The passengers were then very much afraid except for a mother and daughter. The author recalls seeing this surprising; but yet, comfortable sight in the mist of fear. The mother was simply repeating over and over again to her daughter that no matter what happens, she loves her very much. Her words of comfort were also surrounded by her loving arms. As the author mentioned, it was as if this mother was willing to sacrifice her own life by covering up her daughter with her body to protect her from the crash, just so she would have as better chance to live. Afterwards the plane did make a crash landing, but no one was hurt. The author concludes how strong love can be. Love is so strong, it can even overcome fear.

Love makes our lives more livable and full of joy. When love is expressed between a man and a woman, nothing on earth can compare to it. Even just a simple smile from the one you love can brighten your day. Love for friends and family members teaches us to love and how to be loved. It leaves unforgotten memories in our minds and brings laughter to our hearts. Truly love is a gift people can’t live without. It will continue to change and shape our lives.

The gift of love was perhaps given and shown to its fullest by the Creator of love Himself. “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.” One of the most quoted verses from the Bible tells us how much God loved us and still loves us. Jesus died for a world that did not love Him. It’s like dying for a bunch of your enemies, just hoping for them to make peace with you. Jesus also mentioned how great a love is when someone lays down their life for their friends. His willful death, sacrificial love, and grace gave us a new view and understanding of the greatest gift of all.

Where’s the love? Perhaps we just look for it in the wrong places. Love is often forsaken and forgotten. A gift so great may be so hard to find and seem so dim. But even in a courtroom love may be found. There was a woman who had her face broken and shattered from a reckless act. She would seem to seek justice for her criminal. But this woman’s love shocked the entire world when she forgave her criminal with her words, a huge, and with her tears. Love can often be found when it is given. I hope that love never fails and continues to grow. May this awesome gift bring happiness, joy, and peace to those who give it and seek it.