Meg - Nashville, Tennessee
Themes: Christianity

Tilling with God’s Love

I believe that if I plant with faith my crops will yield to fruition. Faith is necessary for me. If I didn’t believe my crops would yield, I wouldn’t even plant the first seed. I certainly would not toil with harvesting in the hot sun of summer. I would not waste my time and energy if I didn’t believe or have faith that crops would indeed be the result of my efforts.

If I plant with the spirit of love, I will have crops that are sweet in my life. I love my children, though I was not there during those hateful years of active addiction. My children love me, in spite of my past. My grandchildren think I hung the moon. Oh, how sweet they are in my life. If I, a mere mortal, can feel this much love, how much more can God love us, His children!

I know that during those mean years I was breaking God’s heart. He is so majestic. He wants the best for us. He wants me happy, joyous and free. When I was walking up and down Dickerson Road, selling my body and killing my spirit, I believe God was hurting for me. My despair when I was doing wrong was the fruit of my own planting. I had no faith, no joy, nothing but absolute dejection. I have many times imagined God crying for me, His lost child. While I became more and more self-destructive, I lost my connection to God. His tears were flowing as He reached out to me. I didn’t reach back. I became so lost.

I have since come to know that He is the potter; I am the clay. If I allow Him to mold me, I will be beautiful and useful. I may help a stranger, a neighbor, a friend or myself by sharing His love with others. God knows what’s best in me and what’s best for me. If I heed His gentle call, all will be well.

God has provided us with the earth, the ability to see the results of His creation and also our freedom of choice. Love is the fertilizer for our dreams and the fruition of our lives. When we live in God’s will, our lives are much more tender, our crops sweeter and easier to harvest. The earlier years in my life were bitter and hard to swallow. Now I have surrendered my life to Him. My life has such beauty now as I try to do as He would have me. This is a perfect example of reaping what I sow.