Richard - Lynchburg, Virginia

I believe that teachers are precious gifts from God. They have been put into our lives so that we may be able to understand more and more about this world and everything in it. These special people have a unique and fascinating understanding of a particular subject and have developed the skills needed to share it. I believe that teachers have one thing that separates them from a student: they can teach without a textbook. They can use their own method and special ways to understand concepts that are unique to them only. Teachers have an uncanny ability to bring a concept into perspective that a textbook or a chart would never be able to do.

I believe that every single person on this earth can be a teacher. Whether we are young or old, we all have something to say that will benefit another, and we also always have something to gain from another person. I believe that teachers are found not just only in the classroom, but everywhere we go. I believe that teachers can teach us something either directly or indirectly. Something that they say might benefit me differently than it does for another person. I believe that teachers impact others by example, not just what they say. As we go throughout our day, a person’s actions speak more than a book to us. A person’s lifestyle reveals the heart. I believe that teachers use this concept in order to show the students their love for them.

I believe that teachers are essential to every person’s life. They not only stand in front of us as an aid in a subject but also open up to us to develop a trusting relationship. As I look back on my high school years, my high school teacher, Mrs. Hampton, always had a balance in her teaching. She used simple but effective ways to teach us and to keep us responsible and accountable, yet, by the end of my senior year, had become a reliable friend and an excellent example of a loving authority figure. She was respected, trusted and loved in the same way that she showed respect, trust and love to her students.

I believe that teachers are a main backbone of society. Without teachers, we would all be equipped with the tools but no knowledge or understanding of those tools. Without teachers, life begins to crumble because there are no teachers to instruct us on how to fix it. Teachers help us to understand what we’re trying to learn so that we are better equipped for our future. The teachers we have won’t be around forever, and it’s our job to acquire the skills needed to teach others what they have taught us. I believe that each person has been given the job of teaching others so that they might be benefited just as we are. A teacher is not just someone with a degree but someone who can impact others with what they have learned.