Andre` - Lynchburg, Virginia

I believe that equality is an essential quality that should be implemented in order to ensure that every person or situation is initially treated with equal importance, until I realize the true relevance of what is at hand. I believe that I won’t perceive how crucial something is until I discover its true essence through sufficient evidence that reveals how it should be determined in my judgment. I believe that without having a balanced perspective on the complex and simple elements of this world, I will lack the stability that is required to apply equality to every person or situation that occurs. I believe that God is the only one who can truly recognize my inner intentions and motives; therefore, the most appropriate way for me to possibly determine the truth is to depend on guidance from the Bible, my correct rationale, and the facts that apply to the factor that I’m judging. I believe that my human mind is obviously imperfect when it comes to distinguishing between what is right or wrong; therefore I should rationally and spiritually make decisions based on the actual facts, instead of relying on my mere presuppositions that haven’t been proven to be true, yet.

As a child, people wrongfully tried to mislead me to believe that a person or situation in my life wasn’t important if it wasn’t generally considered significant by the majority of people in the mainstream. If I wasn’t a trendy follower of the current fads like the kids who were modernized with the latest commercial style, I would be acknowledged as an irrelevant person of a lower status than the rest. As a result of this fallacy, some of my close affiliates made a mockery of me and refused to implicate me into their social group, since my wardrobe and demeanor were considered obsolete in their bias opinions. The common form of discrimination that I experienced had lead to me having to cope with severe loneliness which stemmed from a lack of friends, low self-esteem, and emotional depression. However, as I started to grow older and more mature, I eventually began to understand that my external appearance doesn’t determine my personal worth or internal characteristics of self. My new outlook on life brought clarity to my overall perspective and positively affected the way I treated others.

I believe that I shouldn’t neglect or ignore anything that life has to offer because everything is equally important. If I begin to stray away or escape from any aspect of life, I may not understand what the main proposition is, and become lost in confusion. Just because a concept or situation may appear to be irrelevant, it doesn’t mean that it doesn’t have an essential meaning that I need to know in order to progress in my life. I believe that it’s wrong to determine the importance of a concept on the strength of how relevant it appears to be according to my own subjective assumptions, as opposed to the objective truth.