Cristina - Lake Forest, Illinois Mexico

“This I Believe”

I believe that you can have a story in a click. This year learning photography was like opening a door to a new world, where new words came along with a new way to see the world. It was hard but I loved it. When I was taking the pictures, I could feel nature, the life and the world in one, all inside of me.

This year I started taking photography and the teacher gave us an assignment to take pictures about the way we see the world and the beautiful things that inspired us. So I went outside and started looking at my surroundings. I started thinking, why do I so often only look at things quickly, instead of calmly observed thinking about the wonderful things all around me.

I believe a picture can talk and that photography is a way to learn other cultures because a picture can tell you everything about the world all around you. With a picture you can capture scenes of other cultures and bring America to Mexico in a click.

When I grow up and have children, I want to show them my story, like the time I came to America and discovered what photography is and how easy is to enjoy life. Through my pictures I would like to show them the world as I saw it and how I enjoyed my experiences in America.

I believe taking a picture shows your feelings, the love you feel toward others and the way you enjoy life, simply as it sounds, just with a click.