Melissa - Randolph, Vermont

I believe that people in life come and go, but the ones that love you are always there. I’ve lived in many places throughout my life because my father is in the military. I’ve met many people, and I’ve liked every single one of them. I’ve had “best friends” from each place I’ve lived and all of them are a distant memory now, but throughout it all the people in my life that love me have always been there.

Every year, every day, every minute I meet someone new. I’m a new face to someone and two minutes later they can’t remember my name. I can meet millions of people every year, but when I’m sitting in my room crying because a family member died or because something terrible happened there is not one that I can call up and ask for help. Not one that will even remember who I am. Of course I had a good time with them, and they did with me, but will they be there when I’m about to fall? No. I believe that I could meet a new person everyday, but when I need help there is not one that I can call up and ask.

My family has been with me throughout my whole life. Through thick and thin. Good times and bad. They have all always been there for me. I believe that my family will always be there for me. They aren’t just people that are going to come and go. I’m stuck with them, and they’re stuck with me. We may not always get along. We may fight or argue about stupid little things that don’t even matter, but through it all they will always be there for me, whether I need a shoulder to cry on, or a hand to lift me up off the ground. No matter what is going wrong in my life my family will always be there to help me when I’m down.

Not only do I have a loving family in my life, but I have friends. My mom told me that you can count your true friends on one hand. Well that’s true because I have two best friends and they’ve always been there for me. Some people come and go, but some come and stay. These two people came into my life to stay. It’s like having extra siblings. They love me and care about me just as I do about them. I know they’ll always have my back, and I’ll always have there’s.

I believe that I can meet all the people in the world, but the one’s in my life that I love will always mean the most, and will always be there for me. My family will be in my life forever, alive or dead. My two best friends will stick with me throughout life. We might get separated for a bit, but love always finds a way.