Devin - knoxville, Tennessee

When I was younger my parents use to tell me to “always do your best at school.” Even today my parents tell me to do my best. When I am walking out the door to go to school, my mom tells me that she loves me and for me to do my best. I might not make straight A’s, but as long as I did my best, my parents would be proud of me.

When I first heard my parents tell me “always do your best” I was in elementary school. At first, I thought that my parents where just telling me that just because they wanted me to do good in school. And at that time it was. I have never been a straight “A” student by any stretch of the imagination. But my parents didn’t care about straight A’s just as long as I study hard and really tried to keep a B average. My Parents would be happy.

Later in life I found out that doing your best didn’t just apply for school. Doing my best applies to everything I do, and it doesn’t matter what it is. I do my dead level best at my job, even if I don’t like what my boss is telling me to do. I will do it to the best of my ability. When I cook I will find the best ingredients and the freshest vegetables to make my meal. Then I will put my heart and soul into it to make it the best it can be. I will ether do my best or I will not do it at all.

Always doing your best is a necessity in life. If everything I do is half way done then all that I will achieve is half of what I am trying to accomplish and nothing else. I try to do my best in everything not just including going to school, my job, cooking, and trying to be a good citizen. It does not matter what it is I will do my very best.