Felicia - Capitol Heights, Maryland

Working College Students

I belive that there are many college students who have to work for various reasons. Some of the students work to help pay for college tuition, living expenses and fees. Students spend more time at work than being at home studying or working on certain assignments for the courses. That is when problems begin; school performance starts to change because the students do not have enough study time.

The main requirement in school is study time because not having that study time, there is an expectation to be successful in the courses. Having a job does take up that study time.

Sometimes students do not finish because college tuition, books and fees keeps increasing and they can not afford. And that makes them have to work longer hours to help pay off the college bills. The jobs that the students work at do pay enough to help pay for their bills. There should be some type of help for working students, such as a government voucher that helps to pay for tuition.

The same way they give out housing vouchers, day care vouchers, welfare benefits they can give out free tuition vouchers for working college students who qualify based on income, first generations, Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASA) and those who work to help pay for college.

The requirements for a government voucher is that they are working student must be the first generation in family to go college; they must have an income salary of 23, 000 or less and they are not eligible for aid. The voucher will be for students who really need their tuition wavier and this will help students to stay away from loans; staying out of debt with college loaners. The government voucher will be a good federal assistance to working college students. A government voucher can help those students who work to concentrate better in school and be more focused. The voucher is for the benefit of the students. They say that the children are the future than why not give them a government voucher to waive their tuition.

I believe that the goverenment voucher will be a good idea. Plus, it will help students to be more successful in college. I believe that this essay should become true.