Lisa - Gulfport, Mississippi

I am experiencing my first year of college and undergoing several changes such as adjusting to the college environment, figuring out what I want from life, and finding out my true friends. Recently, I found a friend that I feel like I have known all my life. When I meet her for coffee and a movie there is never a moment of silence. I can tell her anything and I am certain that I am not being judged. She feels comfortable enough to do the same with me. When we spend time together she often reminds me that there are only two people she can tell anything to, her younger brother and me. I can tell her anything as well. We are similar in the fact that we both do not pass judgment on others. She is not my best friend. She does not know me as well as I know myself. She is a good friend.

A good friend is someone I can talk to for hours, someone I can laugh with, and someone I can be myself around. This person does not have to be like family. I merely want someone to talk to. I want someone I can call because I know I will always have a great time. My friend perfect fits my requirements of being a good friend. I also make her aware that she will receive nothing less when she spends time with me. Half the glory of friendship is being a friend back. I believe in the value of a good friend.