sherrell - lynchburg, Virginia
Themes: hope, purpose

This I believe.

I believe that no dream is too small to dream and dreams should never be let go of. Within a dream is where inspiration, desire, and passion grow. As children, we are told to reach for the stars because our imaginations have no limits. At five years old I always believed that I could become a famous singer. Actually, I wanted to be Reba Macintyre. And because of that dream I have allowed myself to experience performing in front of people and singing to just about anyone who will listen. In the present, I know I will probably never become famous like Reba but my passion that grew inside of me from watching her on stage will always be there. If Reba had not been there to inspire my limitless dreams, I sometimes wonder what I would have put my time into. Without a dream, what is the purpose of living? Dreaming is simply the inspiration to do or become or build what you see in your heart and when you sleep. It creates a growing passion for your hearts desire and opens doors you never thought could possibly open. A dream also gives you the strength to do whatever it takes to fulfill that growing desire. And to dream young, allows for an extraordinary dream. Dreams of no limits and high expectations and probably a twinge of fairy tale come from the inexperienced. And those dreams, as unreal as they may seem, do posse’s some sort of reality that you can relate with on an every day basis. For example, had I not started singing in front of people because I thought I was going to be famous, I would never be able to do it now. I have fears that were dealt with simply because of my passion for singing and having an audience. However, as you grow, reality gets in the way of your dreams. Growing up you learn you can not actually be superman or some beautiful princess locked in a tower and without even realizing it we put stipulations on our dreams. For whatever the reason; be it fear or laziness or simply a lack of faith. Putting stipulations on our dreams is like tying horses’ legs to the ground and telling him to run. Once the stipulations or the chains are there it is almost impossible to break free of them. The inspiring thing about dreams is that once they have been dreamt, they will always be with you. Just because something seems out of reach does not mean that with enough desire and inspiration you can make it happen. After all, you did dream it. Dreams are what I would consider the spice of your imagination and with them all great things can be achieved.