Fallon - Lynchburg, Virginia Bahamas
Themes: Christianity

I believe that peace can be found in nature. I believe God is the greatest artist in the heavens and earth. Every time I go outside to admire God’s creation an overwhelming peace surrounds me. God reveals Himself so much in nature. He paints the skies with an array of blues, purples, yellows and oranges. His very nature is where I find my peace. I am so baffled at how amazing His works are and how beautiful He made it. I was never really an outdoors or nature-walk girl and I never really embraced nature until I started to embrace Him. How can we look around us and deny the existence of God? I believe that people, who deny the existence of God, have seen the beauty of this world, but they haven’t experienced the beauty of this world because they haven’t experienced the beauty of God.

I believe this world is God’s canvas. I believe that every detail was carefully created by God. Like an artist who takes his time, and uses different brushes to create different strokes to add different affects to his work so that every piece would show its uniqueness. The intimacy of His creation is so intense and strong that it only brings me to smile and weep. Whenever I go outside, I see the very obedience of nature. I believe nature acknowledges the presence of God. When I see a palm tree swaying and in a bent position, metaphorically, I think of how the trees are worshipping God. The beauty of God and His works often leaves me speechless. I can gaze for hours at God’s creation; I’m awestruck of how beautiful God is. The psalmist, David, in the Bible wrote “When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what are mere mortals that you are mindful of them, human beings that you care for them?” Who is God that He is mindful of us?

Anne Frank once said “The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature.” I believe this is true, that happiness is found only in God and it is in Him, that we find true peace. I believe that God has given man the knowledge to figure out the intricate details of how plants, or clouds, precipitation and photosynthesis work, yet we look at the clouds, and the trees and flowers and it doesn’t seem so complex. It all looks simple and pure; not realizing the intricacy of the process of how that rose grew. I believe that everyone can see the peace and see the beauty of nature, but blessed are those who get to experience this peace.