Scott - Meriden, Connecticut
Themes: death

Death Penalty

I believe in the death penalty. People say it is wrong, but I say it is right. Using the death penalty would end all the controversy over the person on death row and give some closer to the people affected by that certain person. I believe in the death penalty because I waste my money, along with other people, on prisoners sitting in death row, also I believe that the person receiving the death penalty disserves it and it brings justice to what the person did along with showing a example to other people thinking about committing that act.

Most prisoners on death row never get to see the executioner they usually die in prison. While these prisoners are getting their day of death appealed we have to pay for their accommodations in jail such as food and the upkeep of the jails. Also even before these people go to jail during the trials and the ones that follow they are more expensive than jail itself. On the other hand people might find out later on the person in death row is really guilty and not deserve the penalty. Usually our justice system is right and wouldn’t charge someone with death unless they were truly guilty.

Taking another life using the death penalty is fine to me because of the person receiving it deserves death. Other might say that taking a life for another is wrong because you will be just as horrible as them. I say that if someone killed a loved one I would want the fullest punishment executed with no holding back. It would take a terrible person off the streets and that person would never be able to commit such acts ever again.

Another huge issue is that giving the death penalty will show people that if an act was committed that made someone receive the death penalty that the type of act would not be committed again. Having people on death row getting executed faster would tell people the justice system is not messing around and would make you not want to commit such acts. Many people might say that someone will just replace that person and commit the horrendous acts again or people have repeated the act and landed in the same spot as the other person. I think if we are harder on the people in death row others might think strongly against committing different acts.

When people come up to me and ask, should Saddam Hussein be hung or was it right that Michael Ross received lethal injection, I say yes. The death penalty has been around for many years. Why should it be stopped now? It is the best way to teach someone a lesson. The prisoners waiting on death row should have to wait no more and be executed. No more waiting, once convicted and sentenced to death the very next day should be the execution. The death penalty is the right thing to do. I believe in the death penalty by all means and back it up.