Omberlee - Lynchburg, Virginia

Our lives are full of trials and pain. But there are always people around to help, your friends. But we need to be able to let go, let your emotions free and humble ourselves to ask for help. We can’t get through this life alone. What I believe in, is the strength and advice given to us by our friends.

I have an almost perfect life; great friends, family, good grades, middle class, and I want for nothing. But there are skeletons in my family closets. My parent’s pasts are filled with lots of pain and mistakes. They have learned from them, but seemed to force that mistakes shouldn’t be made. My brother rebelled throughout his entire high school years and still continues too. I felt like I was expected to succeed in everything and I felt my heart break whenever I disappointed my parents. My mother and father are pretty protective, but I that the restriction I have are placed upon me out of love. I know they don’t want me to end up like my brother and it’s a weight I bear upon my shoulders constantly. The only way I’ve gotten through everything is with the help of my friends.

But of course the one friend that I am closest to was not approved by, by my parents. Soon I came to the realization that it was time for me to break away, to grow up, and make mistakes. I continued my friendship with the holder of all my secrets; finally the weight was lifted. So with my new strength in myself, I approached my parents and told them my thoughts, fears, and all my feelings. Now my parents know that she has grown up and now my secret holder is like their second daughter.

So I believe in the power of friends. My friend has always been there for me, through thick and thin. She brought my faults to my attention, gave me advice, and was just there for me when needed. She showed me my mistakes and was blunt with her with her explanation of idiocy on my part. But I never disappointed her. She loved me through it all, letting me cry on her shoulder, and told me that everything would work out. She has taught me to be a listener, and I have done for here everything that she has done for me. I am also her secret holder; I’m her joke of the day. We are always there for each other, to bring each other out of depression with a funny remark or memory.

I believe that friends have a power of healing. They help our wounds to heal, by listening and giving there advice. I thank God everyday for my friend, my holder of secrets, my laughter, and my best friend. I wouldn’t change her, or trader her. She is perfect to me and I will support her through anything and everything, because she has done that for me. This I believe.