Doyle - Reno, Nevada
Themes: peace

I Believe In Goddesses

I recently read Penn Jillette’s National Public Radio essay “There Is No God”. I had a traditional Christian education from the Episcopalians and I personally hope God does exist. But I know for a fact that goddesses do exist.

My Mom is a 93 year old goddess and in hospice. Soon she will die but she won’t perish, for she has left her genetic imprint on her offspring, but more than that she has left us in love. Her philosophy is the essence of life is love. It encompasses all relationships, family, friends, and the casual. Love encompasses honesty, respect, and commitments for each other.

Because of her example I believe the world would be a better place if women were the heads of state. The word leaders need less testosterone and more intuition, less ultimatums and more negotiations, less mistrust and more respect of others cultures.

I am sure this comes across as quite Pollyanna but studies of two different chimpanzee groups give some credence to my idea. Chimps are our closest genetic cousins in the animal world and might give us some insight into our culture. One group of chimps, living north of the Zaire River in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, is male dominated. This group participates in murder, rape, and wars with its neighbors. On the south side of the river is another group of chimps that are female dominated. They live a peaceful but very sexy life style, i.e., “Make Love not War”. If I was a good looking male chimp please parachute me into the south side.

My point is this; male dominated governments are not bringing peace to the world. We need goddess’s to lead us.