Kenley - lynchburg, Virginia

I believe true love is passionate, unconditional, valuable, and everlasting. Love is something that should not be taken for granted, and it should be cherished and treasured. True love is eternal. I believe the Bible portrays many examples of devotion, Jesus being the ultimate example when he died for me on the cross at Calvary. He demonstrated true love by taking his life for the sins of the world and I am unconditionally grateful for that. True love is also portrayed by my parents love for each other and for their children. 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8a says,

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails (The Holy Bible).

The love described in this passage from the Bible is rare and is something we strive to have.

Awesome examples of true, pure love are my parents. My dad is so selfless and hardworking, and he has provided our family with all the money we need. My mom is so self-sacrificing that she gives her heart, time, and mind to her family. The way they act towards each other shows me what true love really looks like. I am so blessed to be their child and by their examples they show me what true love really is.

True love is a unique and special thing that cannot be bought at any price. Deep affection cannot be bought with diamonds or gold, yet some still buy expensive gifts hoping for love in return. I believe love can be found in many different areas of life whether it is shown through a caring hand, clutching hug, or act of service.

When I was in tenth grade I dated a great guy, but I was not dating him for the right reasons. I was dating him because others thought we would be a “cute couple” not because I really liked him. To be honest, I didn’t have as strong feelings for him as I found out he had for me. In the end, I broke his heart and I deeply regret that. Love is so precious and should not be taken lightly.

Love is something that is special and should be treasured. I believe God puts people in everyone’s life to love and to receive love. Without love the world would be lifeless and dull. I believe love is like a never-ending candle; a candle gives light to the darkness and to the lost and gives warmth to a cold room. Love shines for others and lightens the heart, and love gives hope and life to the bleak soul. Love is a breathtaking and magnificent feeling, and I believe everyone needs love in his or her life.