Kyle - Hollywood, Florida

This I Believe Essay

When I wake up in the morning and I don’t feel like going to school I tell my self “no you have to.” During school when I don’t want to take notes or I want to sleep instead of listening I tell myself “no you can’t.” After school when I go to workout, sometimes I just want to snake my way out of it, but I say “no I can’t do that.” When I run, I want to stop so bad sometimes cause of the pain but I tell myself “no keep going, push your self.” All of these experiences have made me recognize what I feel is so very important in my life. I believe that in order to achieve your goals in life and make something of yourself you have to push yourself. I try my hardest everyday, whether its in school trying to get that “A” on that test, in the weight room pumping that extra rep out, to even reading a couple of passages out of the bible before I go to bed, because I know that at the end of the day I can honestly say I improved myself as a student, an athlete, a catholic, and most of all a better overall person. I believe that if you are mentally tough than nothing in this world can break you down, and sometimes the only thing that is standing between you and your goals are those 6 inches between your ears. It all comes down to your mental toughness and it takes a tough situation to make you realize whether you have it or not. This summer I was told that in order to play baseball at the collegiate level and be successful this coming year I needed to drop some pounds and improve my fastball. I really took this to heart, and so for the next three months I ate right and worked out 5 times a day and two times on Tuesday and Friday’s. In doing so I found something I never really new I had which was this innate mental toughness to accomplish whatever I set out to do, and has changed me for the rest of my life.