Mary - Lynchburg, Virginia

I believe children are the perfect example of how we should live. They are innocent, patient, and loveable. Our adult world today is so corrupt and changed from the original perfect plan. I believe that we were meant to go through this life with a complete, perfect happiness. We could all be satisfied with our lives if no one cared about how they look or how they act.

We always get distracted about what really matters in life. We think about what new fashions are coming out, what the different celebrities are doing, and being caught up with the latest gossip with our friends. We begin to loose sight of what really matters in life. But, what does matter in life? Are our families, our friends or our jobs what really matters?

If we all just went through life a little less stressed out or rushed or even happy, maybe this world could be different. So many people spend their lives searching for something or someone to keep them happy and satisfied. They turn to lust, alcohol, or even excessive work. Does that really bring happiness? Married couples are getting divorced every year because they don’t spend enough time with each other and their children. I find happiness in my family, in my friends, my leadership and my goals. How about you?

What could life be like if we were all like that innocent new born baby? We could be embracing every step of life’s ladder as it came. We would be innocent and unaware of everything that the different shows like MTV or VH1 feed to our minds. Let’s take a second and in vision how life would be without gossip, lust or violence. Just think of how much happier we could be. Without violence, we could feel free. We probably wouldn’t be guarding our lives with alarm systems or weapons. Without gossip, people wouldn’t have to be afraid of what they share with people about their lives. Think about all the suicides. Those people probably went through some sort of judgment with their peers because of something that spread around about them. Without lust, we wouldn’t have as many cases of rape or people needing a psychologist to help them mentally recover from something like this. We also wouldn’t see people killing themselves trying to look like Paris Hilton or Kate Hudson. So many teen girls think that to get to a man’s heart they have look perfect first.

I still remember the day my niece and nephew were born. They came into the world without a care about what was going on elsewhere in the world. They were radiant and beautiful. They were part of God’s perfect creation. Let’s try to strive for a world that is innocent, and radiant, and beautiful. I want us to exceed perfection in God’s eyes. What will you do?