Michael - Lynchburg, Virginia

I believe every person has an adventure to live, a battle to fight, and a beautiful person to find. Each of us has a race, a journey that only we can take. I believe that the line in Chariots of Fire which says, “When I run I feel His pleasure,” is true. When we run our race, or take our adventure, we feel God’s pleasure- His divine nod of approval. I believe the Gladiator was right when he said, “What we do in life echoes in eternity.” Adventure, battle, and a beauty intertwine to form the wonderful harmony of our life-song, which will resound throughout eternity. This, I believe.

The longing for adventure has been breathed into us. The surfer Liard Hamilton was right when he said that, “we should be much more afraid of a 40 hour work week for 40 years of our life, than a 40 foot wave.” I believe our children must see us standing for more than just coming home with the bills paid. We are meant to dream great dreams pursue them. It’s all about the dash between the dates on our tombstones. What will we be remembered for, courage or conformity? The choices we make determine how our name will be remembered.

Any legend of adventure would have a void without battle. Without danger, an adventure is merely a long, wearisome walk. I believe that we must battle everyday to win our beauty, because her respect and love for us is not residual. I believe that it is our mission to win her heart every single day, out of love and honor. When it feels good to sit back and relax, or more accurately, to suck our thumbs and make excuses, it means going out and charging the hill again, today. Nehemiah said, “Fight for your families and your home.” I think the greatest reward is having your soul mate sleep at night with a deep sleep, knowing she is running through life with a leader and a hero.

I believe the beauty in our life is not our source of strength, God is. We offer our strength to our lover. She is our completer. I believe it was correctly put when spouse was defined as, “surround.” Imagine sprinting through a trail in the woods, with your spouse along side of you. Remember how Zorro fought multiple enemies back to back with his lover. Recall how Mr. and Mrs. Smith gunned their way out of a tight situation, let alone Trinity and Neo in “The Matrix”. I believe that is how the relationship with our beauty should be.

Our dreams are great gifts that we have been given, and they shape our adventure; they shape our lives. As we chase our dreams, we will find that beautiful person to surround us, and share our adventure. When we yield to the cries of our heart, generations to come will sing a beautiful ballad of a great legacy that we have left behind.