Margaret - Lynchburg, Pennsylvania

I believe that man was created by God, for God, to honor God. Every human being should honor God with his hands, feet, eyes, and mouth. If one does this, he will live a life that is honoring and pleasing to God.

I believe one should honor God with his hands. Not only in scripture, but also in our vernacular, one’s hands represent power. Moses rescued Israel from the hand of Pharaoh. David told Goliath that the Lord would deliver him into his hands. Jesus sits at the right hand of God. Jesus laid his hands on the sick to heal them. Pontius Pilate washed his hands at Jesus trial. It is also evident within our language and our actions today that hands represent power. When some of us worship, we lift up our hands. We use the phrases “Give me a hand” and “It’s out of my hands.” We shake hands when we meet people. There are endless opportunities to honor God with one’s hands.

I believe one should honor God with his feet. People do not fully understand the power of feet. A single misstep results in a mishap regardless of the fact that you were mistaken. When one is walking home after work and steps out in front of a bus and gets hit, it does not matter at that point Whether or not he was mistaken. It does not matter that he did not mean to take that step. Direction determines destination. Being on the right path is an unbelievable and often underemphasized priority. When one is on a Godly path, it is easier to be a Godly person. Whereas when one is on a sinful path, it is easier to sin.

I believe one should honor God with his eyes. Eyes are also underemphasized. The direction of one’s eyes impacts the direction of his life. What one views influences what one does. What one sees impacts who one is. That’s why one says “keep your eye on the ball.” Jesus puts it a good way. In Matthew 6 Christ states, “If your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eyes are bad, your whole body will be full of darkness.” When one honors God by what he looks at, he is opening himself up to please God.

I believe one should honor God with his mouth. The mouth is one of the most powerful parts of ones body. Ones sense of humor, ones hopes and dreams, one’s ability to dream and so much more are all impacted by the words spoken to him. In James 3, he says, “…But no man can tame the tongue.” When one honors God with his mouth, he opens up the doors of opportunity not only to himself, but also to the others he speaks to.

Every human being should honor God with his hands, feet, eyes, and mouth. These parts of the body are influential to how one’s life is lived out.