Curtis - Virginia Beach, Virginia

I believe everyone should have a Porsche 911 cabriolet. Nothing in my not-so-humble opinion is more fulfilling than down shifting a flawless Porsche 6-speed transmission in a

tunnel to hear the roar of that 3.6 liter engine. I believe everyone should have a manual as the joy that driving can and does bring gets lost in a slush box. To have the wind blow through your hair

on a warm fall day, driving through the twists and turns of a back road is a truly gratifying

moment. I believe that hitting the apex of a turn using the perfect Porsche suspension is a more

joyous occasion than the birth of a child. Admiring the interior of this modern work of art is just as fulfilling as driving it. The euphoria that one experiences while driving a Porsche is only describable as being in another world. The warm leather, the lack of plastic, the sleek lines of aluminum all brought together in an ensemble of comfort and warmth is a glorious experience. I believe that the forty years of development that this car went through makes it the perfect automobile. Porsche has been making the Carrera since 1964, improving it every year to the point of perfection. In todays world of cheap, efficient, soulless, and mass-produced cars, there are few that venture out beyond the assembly line. Of course there are Aston Martins but ever since Ford bought them they have never been the same. Then you have your Ferrari’s and Lamborghini’s of the world but besides being ridiculously overpriced they are unreliable and have the ride of a golf cart, sans the suspension. The Porsche offers practicality along with remarkable affordability. I believe that owning a Porsche is only materialistic if you have it to show off or outdo someone else. In my life I have driven Ferrari’s, TVR’s, Jaguars’, Mercedes’, BMW’s, Audi’s, and some horrible American takes on them. But there is nothing, and I mean nothing that can compare to the Porsche. I believe each household should drop their extra 1.5 kids if that is what is required of them to be able to afford their Porsche. I believe there should be a government funded program for people who do not have kids and can still not afford their Porsche. I believe instead of tax returns we should all be entered in a lottery for a few Carrera GT’s. I believe that many people have lost their joy to drive in this day and age so that now it is nothing more than a mere action. In this world you have your Toyota’s, Honda’s, Mazda’s, Nissan’s, BMW’s, Mercedes, and Audi’s as well as some Americans that think they can build a car. And while there is nothing mechanically wrong with these cars (except the American ones) the Porsche is just something more. Words fail to describe the experience as a whole that one obtains while driving one.