zachary - troy, Idaho

I Believe.

How much have you cut you life short by? Maybe Ten, or even Thirty years off your life. Well, if you have do you know what you did to cut your life short? Do you know and just don’t care. Are you enjoying your life, not cutting it short, no matter what happens. Well, that is what I believe is right; to live your life to the fullest and enjoying it all without cutting it short. I learned this from my great grandpa who died of emphysema, from my older brother’s uncles and pretty much my whole family some smoke some drink and drive, but mostly my dad. He used to have a drinking problem but when I was born he stopped almost permanently.

I have thought about the people you might leave behind. With the tears going down the sides of there faces saying “he/she was only 23. This is wrong for someone that young to die because of a drunk driving accident or an over dose on drugs.” These people’s lives will change tremendously if you die young. Their jobs and their habits (some for the good some for the bad) but what ever it is it could cause them to commit suicide. This is what I have learned from my brothers and friends. A lot of times in life people will commit suicide because a loved one or a friend died.

If you have thought about the things you could accomplish in a short time then double that it adds up in a hurry. It is a pretty amazing amount of stuff you could do and if you cut your life short you might not get to do the things with your brothers, parent’s, friends and you might not meet someone that you could have had a chance to meet. The people you love might not get to say what they truly think of you, they might even love you and you would have never known because you cut your life short.

Well, I have cut my life short a few times. The greatest feeling is to know you strengthen your life and you won’t do what you did before. This is where some of my family comes in, there are some of them who are alcoholics and they don’t have a problem with it, but there is some in my family like my dad who hasn’t gotten drunk for almost 17 or more years now. I believe that it is one of the greatest accomplishments someone can make. “It is hard to stop.” Everybody tells me and I can see that in some of my friends they want to quit but they are having hell doing it the things you miss out when your spending all your moneys on alcohol are some really cool things like going to Hawaii and up to Alaska. Both are beautiful. I know this because I have been up to Alaska two times and to Hawaii once, both were awesome experiences for me, and I hope I can do again someday.

Life is short enough and you don’t have to help it get shorter, no matter how bad you think your life is there is someone in worse conditions as you. I also learn this from my dad don’t pick on the less fortunate you might not know there whole story you could make there life a great life just by just saying hi or helping them up instead of laughing at them. This is one of the major problems that not very many people live there life to the fullest and enjoy it.

Go out and have fun don’t drink often and don’t drive drunk, don’t do drugs and try to live your life to the fullest because it is really easy to cut it short. That is why I believe that every one should live their life to the fullest and enjoy it as much as possible.