Dedrick - Ponototo, Mississippi
Themes: prejudice

I believe in interracial dating and/or marriages. I believe that the prejudice and racism against interracial couples is taught not learned. I believe in the word of God and as our creator he made someone for everyone. I believe that everyone no matter what your race or sex that there is or has been someone outside your race that you have had some type of attraction to whether it is a celebrity and/or other individual. Are you going to admit that you have or are you going to deny that it never happened? There is nothing wrong with it but then again it does have a lot to do with a number of people not letting go of the past and as a result of this puts doubt in present and future generations.

Although several other reasons for some people not reacting on there attract was fear of disappointing their parents or losing financial support. Therefore it is not society’s fault that some parents are shallow minded individuals so in my eyes they are the ones to blame. Ultimately the decision is yours but I believe that any parents who disown their child for falling in love with someone outside their race are in the wrong. Yet in all actually when some parents play a selfish role like this they have a tendency to display how much love they have for you. I believe that love is blind and is not defined by the color of your skin, but by the content of your character. Martin Luther King Jr. had it right all along we need to embrace each other as human beings and settle our differences. I believe times are changing and it stops for no one so why not end all this hate and make the world a better place.