chelsey - conway, Arkansas
Themes: golden rule

Karma

I believe that what goes around comes right back around. People should treat people exactly the way that they would want to be treated. Growing up in a strong Christian background; my grandparents sat me down and told me what is right and wrong. My grandfather would quote scriptures from the bible. One of the scriptures he made sure that we would always remember, “You shall reap what you sow.”

Two weeks before my sixteenth birthday, I started talking to a guy that I went to school with and things started to get real heated up between us. He would come to my house as soon as he gotten off work and sometimes on the weekend he would spend the night with me. His girlfriend question why he was never around anymore. He would simply tell her “I been to busy.” People around school started to find out about our love affair and eventually his girlfriend too. Sometimes when I walked pasted her in the hallway I could exactly see the pain and devastation written all over her face. After they decided to call it quits, we ended up dating. During our relationship, he cheated and lied to me constantly. Sometimes I could not sleep at night because of the pain I felt. The pain even carried on after we broken up. My cousins would always tell me “Why would you plant an apple tree and expect an orange tree to grow?” In other words, why treat people one way then expect them to treat you another way? I knew that we were doing wrong, except leaving him alone so he would not hurt his girlfriend, instead I did the complete opposite. I got hurt worse than his ex girlfriend and I deserved it.

It do not nessarily means that in order for something to come back around, you have to do something bad. Good can always come back around also. I visited my grandmother recently; she needed some money so she could go to church. She did not ask me for any money but I known if I was in her situation she would have giving me some money. I gave her ten dollars. Later on that day I visited my aunt, she asked me “Did I need anything?” I simply said “I’m ok.” Then she said, “Well here is twenty dollars, you never know when you’re going to need some money.” Later on that day my best friend aunt gave me some money because she said that it’s hard out there and that she loved me.” I thanked God for those blessings. I believed that was karma.

Karma in my opinion is a rewarded of those rewarded themselves. Why expect apples if you harvest potatoes. It’s not logical. Choose your own destiny because your acts will follow you.