Brittany - Napoleon, Ohio

I believe everyone should stop and realize how important life really is. You should cherish every second. Many experiences in my life helped me to realize eight out of ten people take life for granted. About four years ago, a real close friend of the family died in his mid thirties. He just collapsed and died out of nowhere. No one knew it was coming, no one was prepared, and he was gone. This really made me realize we have no say when we go and helped me learn that life is a gift, a chance from God to play the game.

In our high school, since I’ve been here, four or more students have died in car crashes, kids who had their whole lives ahead of them; planned for greater things, fell short. Actually stop and think what you do with of your time everyday. Do these useless time provoking acts use your precious time wisely? For me, whenever I’m bored just sitting around, I ask myself what could I be doing that I might not be able to get done if I weren’t here tomorrow and that really gets me motivated to get up and do something. To me, life’s kind of like my work, I don’t see the point of standing around wasting time when there are things that must be done before I can leave; I use the time I have wisely, get my stuff done early and I get out early. On the contrary, my fellow workers stand around talking and get off an hour or so after me.

For me, knowing that I’m not my own God, not able to pick the time and place I die, I really see no reason to live life worrying about all the idealistic things that are in our everyday lives. Really, what will good hair, new shoes, or even the coolest car do for you in your after life? No one can say for sure what flows after death but I’m sure none of this will matter. You can argue yes, we do not know what follows life so get the best, do the best, but I say to that; your right but your after life might depend on your current life so who can say. So, this is why I believe hard work, kindness, and not being selfish and greedy will get your further than you will ever know.

I go out and do all I can without wasting the time that I have possessed. Your ideas of what is the right thing to be doing may differ but as long as you can enjoy what you are doing it’s worth doing. So just live life doing what makes you happy and be successful in doing what you want. The key to life is live by your beliefs because the next second may not occur.